59th meeting of Board of Advanced Studies & Research (BASR)
59th meeting of Board of Advanced Studies & Research (BASR) was held on 10 February, 2016 (Wednesday) at Conference Room, D-Block, Capital University of Science & Technology, Islamabad. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed, Vice Chancellor, CUST Chaired the meeting. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran by Dr. Mansoor Ahmed. The Vice Chancellor welcomed the participants of the meeting and expressed his gratitude for their participation.
Fateha was offered to the departed soul of the father of Mian Amir Mahmood, Chancellor, Capital University of Science & Technology. The BASR expressed heart felt condolence on the sad demise of deceased and pray to Almighty ALLAH to grant eternal peace to the departed soul and give patience and courage to all family members to bear this irreparable loss.
The Board reviewed the minutes of last meeting and having no observation, the BASR confirmed the minutes. Subsequently, the Board deliberated upon the following agenda items:-
- i. Approval of the Award of MS/MBA Degrees.
- ii. Approval of PhD Admission.
- iii. Approval of PhD Supervisor(s).
- iv. Approval of PhD Change Supervisor(s).
- v. Approval of Examiners Committee for PhD Thesis Synopsis Defense.
- vi. Approval of PhD Thesis Synopsis Evaluation Report(s).
- vii. Approval of Foreign Evaluator(s) for PhD Thesis.
- viii. Approval of Additional Foreign Evaluator(s) for PhD Thesis.
- ix. Approval of PhD Thesis Foreign Evaluation Report(s).
- x. Approval of PhD Thesis Defense Committee.
- xi. Approval for the award of PhD Degree on recommendations of the PhD Thesis Defense Examination Committee.
- xii. Extension in PhD Program Duration.
- xiii. Extension in MS Program Duration.