1st meeting of Academic Council, CUST
1st Academic Council meeting was held on March 01, 2016 (Tuesday) at Conference Room, D-Block, Capital University of Science & Technology, Islamabad. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed, Vice Chancellor, CUST Chaired the meeting. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran by Dr. Mansoor Ahmed. Fateha was offered for the brother of Dr. Sajid Bashir, HoD, FMSS who died on February 17, 2016. The Vice Chancellor welcomed the participants of the meeting and expressed his gratitude for their participation. He elaborated academic progress thanked to the Faculty Members for their devotion towards academics excellence and cooperation which gave strength to acquire the Federal Charter.
The Vice Chancellor introduced Prof. Dr. Mueen Aizaz Zafar who recently joined CUST, Islamabad as Dean, Quality Enhancement Cell. Prof. Mueen is PhD in Leadership & Higher Ed. Administration from University of Florida, USA. He has rich experience of teaching, research and administration in Air University, Islamabad, Riphah International University, Islamabad, Bahria University, Islamabad and International Islamic University. The Vice Chancellor hoped that the CUST will get benefit from his rich teaching and research experience.
Subsequently, the Committee deliberated upon the following agenda items:-
- i.) Promulgation of Capital University of Science & Technology (CUST) Act.
- ii.) Admission requirements for different BS programs of Faculty of Engineering.
- iii.) Scheme of Studies of Faculty of Engineering BS programs i.e:-
- iv.) Approval of Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of Engineering BS programs.
- v.) Approval of Program Learning Objectives (PLOs) of Faculty of Engineering BS program.
- vi.) Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) mechanism for Faculty of Engineering BS program.