Student Affairs office
Where Student Comes First
At university campus creation of both supportive and stimulating environments and the provision of a range of experiences in which personal development thrives and learning flourishes
- Fosters student's academic and intellectual development and creates a climate that reinforces learning in all aspects of student life
- Creates services, programs and opportunities to assist students with their personal and professional development
- Develop programs, services, and environments to build a welcoming and inclusive community that creates a sense of safety and belonging for all students
- Provides a wide range of educational opportunities, a greater appreciation and understanding of Pakistani nationalism and preparation to assume leadership roles in the community
- Deliver co-curricular opportunities that foster learning, self-discovery and respectful engagement in student life
- Responds to the issues, ideas and needs of student community, existing and Alumni, by providing support and services to faculty, staff and the community that ignite a sense of pride, ownership and personal investment in the ongoing success of CUST.
Assistant Registrar-Student Affairs
- The University is fully aware of the need for co-curricular activities along with academic events, which are important to the development of a well-balanced personality. The establishment of societies and clubs allows students to explore their talents and create awareness in them about the professional world. The primary objective of these societies and clubs is to provide a platform for students to enhance their intellectual and professional capabilities by arranging seminars, both at the University and at locations outside the University, conferences, competitions, conduct workshops and other activities to expose students to the managerial world. The activities of the societies and clubs help to encourage the professional and personal development of students, and provide opportunities for entertainment and sports activities both for recreation and the development of a competitive but balanced personality. Student Affairs office as a liaison office ensures the timely and smooth execution of all these activities by coordinating various events. An important function of the Student Affairs office is to prepare A Social Calendar of Co â€“ curricular and Extra â€“ curricular activities after consulting all faculty members in the beginning if every semester .
- Regular seminars are held at the campus to provide students with a professional know-how of what is transpiring around the world. Experts from the corporate and public sector are frequently invited to share their knowledge and experiences with the students, which in turn helps them to identify their career options. Workshop-related activities on social and sensitive issues, in collaboration with different organizations are also carried out to motivate students' interest in fulfilling their moral obligations towards society.
- Career counseling plays an important role in setting up of every student's academic direction. Realizing this responsibility the student affairs office through its highly professional and experienced staff provides career guidance in three main areas, namely personality development, career identification and selection of the field of specialization within that career. The counselors help students, especially new entrants, to develop confidence and strength to overcome personal problems. Also provide them with necessary help and information to make a conscious judgment in matters relating to career identification that finally assists them in selecting a field of specialization most suited to their particular academic needs.
- Through office of the student affairs, students are assigned tasks in the form of projects such as conducting fire-fighting training, tree plantation campaigns, office automation, community sales, imparting basic computer skills and public relations training to hospitals, railways, police and other similar institutions. In addition, specially tailored programs for non-computer professionals like doctors, health workers, engineers and educators are also held. Advice is also given to schools and hospitals on infrastructure layouts. Training sessions and workshops are organized in collaboration with different organizations in order to create general awareness about changing technology in the world. A number of workshops and seminars are held to provide training facilities for the staff on basic issues related to HRD, Finance, Marketing, IT, and Management.
- Graduates of Capital University of Science & Technology have the repute of being in great demand with both local and national employers; office of the student affairs work as the Placement Center organizes information sessions and seminars regularly for multinational and local agencies to develop their human resource base. Internship opportunities are identified for students through this center, and it also provides information on graduate studies. The Placement Center places tremendous emphasis on industry linkages and liaises with employment agencies in order to find work placement for near-to-graduating students.
- The University lays great importance to maintain a link with its graduates so as to keep them informed of new academic opportunities being offered by the University from time to time. Interaction through the Alumni Association also helps the University to solicit information on preferred skills and programs sought by the industry. This enables the University to regularly update its curriculum, based on feedback.
- University warmly welcomes the disabled students and those with other special needs. Students in wheelchairs would find many helping hands of fellow students along with wide doors and open corridors for their convenience. The students of any specific need or concern, can discuss their requirement with the Director Student Affairs.
- We welcome foreign students at Capital University of Science & Technology, as per rules and regulations of the Government of Pakistan; foreign students are required to ensure that their documents are verified by the concerned authorities and that their embassy has granted them the necessary permission to study in Pakistan. Student Affair office ensures they will be proper looked after.