This lab has been designed to provide an introduction to the ideas and concepts of Physics that would serve as a foundation for subsequent electronic engineering courses. The primary objective is to endow the knowledge of a wide variety of electric and magnetic phenomena along with their scientific applications, specifically, in the field of electronic engineering. The lab starts with a short review of basics of electricity. A majority of the lab experiments are then dedicated for electric and magnetic fields, forces, elements and their applications.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Perform hands on experience on primary electronic lab instruments including DMM, function generator & oscilloscope.(Level: P1)
CLO: 2. Construct an electronic circuit on bread board and observe its output on oscilloscope by applying practical knowledge acquired in lab using different passive components.(Level: P4)
CLO: 3. Show knowledge of constructing an electronic circuit for a given set of constraints.(Level: C6)
- Introduction to widely used electronic components.
- Finding resistance using color coding techniques & connecting them in series and parallel.
- Familiarization with analog and digital multi meter.
- Verification of Ohm’s Law.
- Voltage divider and current divider.
- Kirchhoff’s voltage law & Kirchhoff’s current law.
- Magnetic lines of force.
- Familiarization with function generator and oscilloscope.
- Familiarization with light dependent resistor (LDR).
- Generating waveforms of different frequencies on oscilloscope.
- Familiarization with capacitor coding
- Charging and discharging of a capacitor.