The Department of Electrical Engineering is dedicated to continued innovation through its vibrant dynamic environment and competitive research. The department offers PhD program in Electrical Engineering which covers a wide spectrum of fields keeping up with their fast pace of technological advancement. Its carefully designed PhD program aims at producing researchers in the areas of Telecommunications, Control Systems, Signal and Image Processing, Power Systems, Networks and Computer Systems. To achieve this goal, the department has got a team of highly qualified and dedicated faculty members while establishing a strong liaison with research and development organizations and the industry.
The department has got close liaison with industry and R&D organizations to support its research activities. A PhD scholar can complete the program by opting either full time or part time studentship. A full time student is expected to complete the program in 3-4 years while a part time student can complete it in 3-5 years.
- MS degree in relevant discipline1
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Thesis Foreign Evaluation
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||2 Semesters||3 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||5 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||4 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||6 Semesters||10 Semesters|
1 Relevancy shall be established by the Graduate Admission Committee.