The PhD program in Electrical Engineering is designed to foster research in the fields of:
- Control Systems
- Signal Processing
- Communication and Networking
- RF Engineering
The department has got close liaison with industry and R&D organizations to support its research activities. A PhD scholar can complete the program by opting either full time or part time studentship. A full time student is expected to complete the program in 3-4 years while a part time student can complete it in 3-5 years.
- MS degree in relevant discipline1
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Thesis Foreign Evaluation
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||2 Semesters||3 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||5 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||4 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||6 Semesters||10 Semesters|
1 Relevancy shall be established by the Graduate Admission Committee.