The objective of this lab is to acquaint pharmacy students to the practices and technologies involved in pharmaceutical product development and its exploration from laboratory scale to industrial scale. The course demonstrates manufacturing techniques of the various dosage forms.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To explain principles, theory and experiments used in industrial pharmacy.
CLO: 2. To explain principles, theory and experiments used in industrial pharmacy.
CLO: 3. To analyze given data and problems using basic principles of industrial pharmacy.
1. Preparation of diclofenac sodium gel.
2. Preparation of glycerin suppositories.
3. Preparation of paracetamol suppositories.
4. Preparation of calcium alginate beads loaded with diclofenac sodium.
5. Formulation and evaluation of gelatin /albumin microspheres.
6. Preparation of antacid suspension.
7. Preparation of syrup using a steam jacketed kettle.
8. Preparation of transdermal patches.
9. Preparation of cefixime capsules.
10. Determination of critical micelle concentration (CMC) of an anionic surfactant by conductivity method.
11. Preparation and filling ointments in ointment tubes.
12. Study of different parameters of packaging material.
13. Study of role of secondary packaging on stability of the product