This lab focuses on providing the students hands-on experience in assembly and disassembly of mechanical components, in wood preservation methods & woodworks and in the use of electrical equipment and appliances. The lab also aims to give an insight of using machine tools, forging and welding. In this lab, the students will also be able to design and fabricate beginner level printed circuit boards. In nutshell, the lab is packed with activities covering diverse fields and serves to broaden the vision of the students
Course Learning Outcomes:
CLO:1 Describe the basic operations of Fitting, Carpentry, Smithy, Welding, Electric and Machine shops in a safe and environment-friendly atmosphere.
CLO:2 Show hands on experience on various machines and tools of Fitting, Carpentry, Smithy, Welding, Electric and Machine shops and performs their basic operations
CLO:3 Design and fabricate beginner level printed circuit boards individually or with team for lab project
List of Experiments
1. Workshop safety and practical demonstration of safety equipment, tools and safety gear.
2. Measurements of different dimensions of a given bolt using Vernier calipers, micrometer and thread pitch gauge and preparation of mini report
3. Familiarization with different bench fitting tools and equipment and preparation of mini report
4. Fabrication of wall hanger base plate as per given drawing using operations like measuring, marking, sawing, filing, drilling, counter sinking and threading.
5. Preparation of work pieces of required dimensions and joining them in lap, butt and T-joints using gas and arc welding operation
6. Introduction of a lathe machine, its parts, accessories and operations
7. Assembling a parallel electric wiring circuit for a hotel and its testing
8. Introduction to components of a computer, their functionality and type of computers.
9. Introduction to circuit designing and simulation using Proteus
10. Introduction to PCB printing (Fabrication of a PCB) and etching in PCB design.
11. Familiarization with PCB drilling and mounting and soldering of components upon it.
12. Demonstration and evaluation of a complete PCB design and fabrication