The PhD program offered by the department provides a vibrant and dynamic environment that encourages excellence in different research areas. The students are provided with an opportunity to conduct in-depth studies and focus on research in selected areas of computer science. The program is intended to foster high quality and advanced research, so as to meet the society’s demand for high caliber professionals who are knowledgeable and well versed with the latest technologies and can provide a leading role in the academia as well as in the industry. A due emphasis has been placed on the applied and industrial aspects of the research.
The candidate is expected to undertake a complete research thesis that proves the ability of the candidate in generating a piece of original knowledge to demonstrate a significant contribution in his/her field of study.
- MS degree in relevant discipline. Relevancy shall be established by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Thesis Foreign Evaluation
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||2 Semesters||3 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||5 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||4 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||6 Semesters||10 Semesters|