The PhD program in Mechanical Engineering is designed to deliver students a broad background in mechanical engineering and related technologies. The program mission is to impart knowledge through a comprehensive and advanced curriculum followed with intense research training so that the graduating PhDs are fully prepared for industrial and technological challenges of future. The students are expected to tackle complex engineering and technological problems through a professional approach by utilizing advanced tools and techniques under the guidance of professional, dedicated and research focused faculty members. Mechanical engineering department provides students the opportunity to conduct research in Mechanical Design; Thermo-fluids and Manufacturing system. The Department has a close liaison with the industry and R&D organizations to support and foster research activities.
- MS degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Dissertation Foreign Reviews
- Dissertation Final Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||2 Semesters||3 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||3 Semesters||5 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||4 Semesters||6 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||6 Semesters||10 Semesters|