• Understand social issues and their nature
• Learn about culture,social organizations and social
• To develop an understanding and concept about gender differences and attitudes and motive formation.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Understand major perspectives in sociology.
CLO: 2. Learn types of macro sociological concepts such as social inequality,race& ethnicity and collective behavior and social movements,.
CLO: 3. To understand culture ,socialization ,group &organization
– Introduction to sociology.sociological perspective’global perspective
– Seeing general in particular and particular in general
– Seeing stranger in familiar
– Research methods in sociology
– Types of social research
– society and its types
– social processes
– theories of personality
– sex and gender group organization
– Karl Marx
– Race and Ethnicity
– Social stratification and family
– Social interaction