About The Program
Civil Engineering is the profession that dates back with the old civilizations. It always kept on growing and developed exciting outcomes all over the world. The new trends in Civil Engineering have played a pivotal role in the new era of construction, intelligent building systems, urban development, irrigation systems, highway construction, infrastructure planning etc. All these technological advancements would not have been possible without the research in several offshoots of the Civil Engineering. The PhD program of Civil Engineering Department, through a close liaison with industry and R&D organizations, is designed to provide excellent research environment to its PhD Scholars.
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Synopsis Defense
- Dissertation Foreign Reviews
- Publication/Acceptance of at least one research paper in HEC approved journal.
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline: