About The Program
The PhD program is designed to foster research in the various fields of Mathematics. Through this program, department emphasizes on bringing the creative abilities of the researchers to the level where they can produce novel ideas to solve an existing problem.To choose a research area, a scholar will have a sufficiently big number of options available in the department. The interest of scholars in the collaborative work of mathematical nature with other departments of the university will also be encouraged.
- MS degree in relevant discipline. Relevancy shall be established by the Graduate Admission Committee.
- Minimum CGPA 3.0/4.0 (Semester System) or 60% marks (Annual System)
- Admission Test / HEC approved Test
A PhD candidate shall be awarded degree on successful completion of the following requirements:
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00.
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defence
- Publication /Acceptance of at least one research paper in ISI impact factor journal.
- Thesis Foreign Evaluation
- Local Defense
PhD scholars are required to comply with the following timeline:
|Course Work||02 Semesters||03 Semesters|
|Comprehensive Exam||03 Semesters||05 Semesters|
|Synopsis Qualification||04 Semesters||06 Semesters|
|Thesis Submission||06 Semesters||10 Semesters|