This course will address issues associated with large-scale web application development including requirements, architectural design and documentation, server and client-side development technologies, and service-oriented computing technologies. After completion of this course, students will be able
● To analyze, architect and design comprehensive systems for the creation, dissemination, storage, retrieval, and use of electronic records.
● To use some of the development languages, frameworks and reusable services in order to manipulate information on the World Wide Web.
● To learn techniques and evaluation metrics for ensuring the proper operability, maintenance and security of a web application.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Discuss how web standards impact software development
CLO: 2. Describe the constraints that the web puts on developers.
CLO: 3. Design and Implement a simple web application.
CLO: 4. Review an existing web application against a current web standard
• Introduction to Web Engineering, Web Application Categories & Characteristics
• Requirement Engineering for Web Applications • Web Application Architectures • Design Principles of Web-based Applications
• Client-side technologies: HTML
• Client-side technologies: CSS
• Client-side technologies: Bootstrap
• Client-side technologies: jQuery and JSON
• Client-side technologies: AJAX and AngularJS
• Server-side technologies: C#, WebAPI Basics
• Server-side technologies: LINQ queries, MVC Framework, C# Data First approach
• Server-side technologies: C# Data First Approach with Web APIs – Web API Consumption
• Web Application Security
• Testing of Web Applications
• Web Project Management
• Operation & Maintenance of Web Applications