1. To understand fundamental concepts of computer, programming and its basics.
2. To understand web page development, data presentation skills and application of statistical packages
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES CLOs
CLO: 1 Demonstrate basic knowledge of computers
CLO: 2 Describe and develop the ability to understand the working of computers
CLO: 3 Develop the ability to derive the solutions to problems by using computer programming
- INTERNET AND E-MAIL
- Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5, Addresses, Links and Downloading, Searching the Internet, E-mail and Newsgroups, Favourites, security and customizing Explorer.
- Introduction to Front-page, creating a First Web site, Basic Formatting Techniques, Manipulating Tables within Front-page, Front-page, Picture and Multi-Media, Hyper linking, Bookmarks and Image Maps, Introducing Front-page ―components‖, Front-page and Frames, Managing your Web, Good site design, Publishing and publicizing.
- MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power point.
- SPSS, Kinetica, Med Calc