This lab covers the basic knowledge of commonly used applications such as word, excel, power point and Visio. This helps the students to develop algorithms and flowcharts and provides basic knowledge of programming.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Acquire basic knowledge of the tools commonly used like word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to develop different documents (Level: C1)
CLO: 2. Develop an understanding to solve different problems. Write small scale C programs using acquired skills, design algorithms and draw flow charts to represent problem. (Level: C2)
CLO: 3. Apply programming skills to develop a small scale application using C language. (Level: C3)
- Computer hardware and application software
- Basic building block of computer hardware and software, how to search, email, open server, save files, send prints on server printer etc.
- How to write documents in word and the use of editing option available in word.
- How to create spreadsheets in excel, implement different formulas on data, chart and diagram generation
- Make presentation, use of different option like transition, animation etc
- Create block diagrams and flow charts.
- How to install and use Visual C environment, project creation and run basic Hello word program
- Take input from the user and display the results
- Understanding of relational and logical operators
- Implement conditional statement in C e.g If-else
- Implement conditional statement in C e.g Switch statement
- Introduction to loops and understanding of for loop.
- Understanding and implementation of While loop and do while loop