• To acquaint with state-of-the-art Geo-informatics and its diverse applications in engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to use basic knowledge related to Geo-informatics for the application of spatial data.
CLO: 2. to analyze coordinate system and referencing positioning system using GIS and Remote Sensing, respectively.
CLO: 3. to justify and defend his/her coordinate system referencing, respectively.
CLO: 4. to review engineering information using GIS/Remote sensing
- Introduction to Geo Informatics and Resources of information
- Satellite System
- Aerial and Satellite Photogrammetry
- Google Earth
- Fundamentals of GIS
- Spatial Data Types and acquiring consideration
- Data Models and Structures
- Coordinate System and Datum
- Map projection and their transformation
- Attribute-based operation
- Introduction to Spatial Analysis
- Basic Concepts
- Physicals basis of Remote Sensing
- Earth Resources Satellites / Platforms
- Sensors and Types of Resolutions
- Image Processing Techniques and Classification
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Navigational Satellites
- Positioning Systems (GLONASS, GPS & Galileo)
- Fundamentals and Elements of GPS
- System Operation & Characteristics
- Errors and Atmospheric effects
- Differential GPS (DGPS)
- Training on GPS instruments-based surveys
- Integration GPS data in GIS
- Exercises on Image processing software and recent GIS software
- Demonstration on RS/GIS applications in engineering disciplines