• To understand ancient and modern form of living.
• To impart knowledge related to planning and development of inhabitant areas.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to explain and implement preliminary studies, materials and different planning phases.
CLO: 2. to interpret and justify material selection and various processes for master planning.
CLO: 3. to argue and build land use patterns.
CLO: 4. to demonstrate different steps of town planning.
- Historical Development
- General introduction to history of architecture
- Emergence/Development of Islamic Architecture
- Geographical, climatic, religious, social and historical influences
- Architectural beauty
- Strength, vitality, grace, breadth and scale
- Proportion, colour and balance
- Stone, wood, metals, concrete, composites, ceramics
- Walls and their construction
- Openings and their position, character and shape
- Roofs and their development and employment
- Columns and their position, form and decoration
- Moulding and their form decoration
- Ornament as applied to any buildings
- Trends in Urban growth
- Objectives of town planning
- Modern planning in Pakistan and abroad
- Study of natural resources, economic resources, legal and administrative problems
- Civic surveys
- Preparation of relevant maps
- Various theories of land use pattern
- Location of Parks and recreation facilities
- Public and semi-public buildings
- Civic centers, commercial centers, local shopping centers
- Public schools, industry & residential areas
- Layout of street, road crossing & lighting
- Community planning
- Sub Urban development
- Neighborhood Units
- Satellite Towns and Garden City
- Issues related to inner city urban design and emergence/upgradation of squatter settlements