• To understand fundamentals of mechanical engineering related to civil engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To follow installation of mechanical equipment during site visits and to perform electrical and mechanical experiments in labs
CLO: 2. To demonstrate mechanical experiments in labs.
CLO: 3. To describe and report layouts, data, (e.g. specifications) etc. obtained during site visits of civil engineering projects and calculations of lab experiments
CLO: 4. To discuss and seek clarification about layouts, data, (e.g. specifications) etc. of mechanical equipment installed in civil engineering project
- Proof of fundamentals of heat transfer, conduction.
- Proof of fundamentals of heat transfer, convection.
- Proof of fundamentals of heat transfer, radiation.
- Introduction to HVAC equipment, Air conditioners and Heat pumps.
- Heating and cooling load and its calculations using computer tools (EES).
- Dry bulb and Wet bulb temperature measurements.
- Vapor Compression refrigeration fault detection.
- Site visit to HVAC Plant Room and its supply mechanism in an existing building.