• To enable students to learn fundamentals of Auto Cad.
• To lean broader aspect of civil engineering drawing.
• To have skills to prepare architectural, structural, plumbing, electrical, hydraulic structures and highway/motorway drawings in Auto Cad.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to organize drawing details as per given sheet size, and to re-create, neat and attractive, civil engineering drawings specialties (e.g. architecture, structures, plumbing, electrical/HVAC, irrigation and transportation etc.) using AutoCAD in detail and using BIM with limited tasks. (P2)
CLO: 2. to demonstrate civil engineering drawings of different specialties and to develop them using AutoCad in detail and using BIM with limited tasks. (P4)
CLO: 3. to recognize different tasks in AutoCad and Building Information Modeling ‘BIM’ related to civil engineering drawings. (C1)
CLO: 4. to justify his/her drawing sense/awareness for civil engineering drawings of different specialties. (A3)
- Introduction to auto cad, auto cad practice, and contour plan, infrastructure layout, and site plan.
- Architectural details of a simple two storied building.
- Structural details of a simple two storied framed RCC building.
- Plumbing and electrical details of a simple two storied building.
- Structural details of steel roof truss.
- Drawings of hydraulic and drainage structures.
- Drawings of highway and motorway.