The objective of the laboratory is to provide students practical and functional learning on how these protocols work at the different layer of the Internet suite. Today’s computer communications are mostly based on this suite; also known as the TCP/IP suite, for communicating with other computers, peripherals, and mobile equipment. Layers contain protocols for the exchange of digital information.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Understanding and implementation of basic concept of Network.
CLO: 2. Implementation of Dynamic routing and redistribute them among each other.
CLO: 3. Designing of real World network topologies.
1. Introduction to Cisco packet tracer: Learn about the basics of Cisco packet tracer and its Installation
2. Introduction to network topologies: Forming different Network topologies
3. Introduction to client server model: Client and server model are deployed and configured.
4. Configuration of routers and switches: Routers and Switches are configured in the cisco packet tracer
5. Routers with multiple networks and static routing: Static paths are defined using commands
6. IP routing with serial cable: Serial cable IP routing is enabled in routers and the formation of its network
7. Dynamic routing using RIP: Configuration of RIP is done is the routers
8. Dynamic routing using EIGRP: Configuration of EIGRP is done is the routers
9. Dynamic routing using OSPF: Configuration of OSPF is done is the routers
10. Redistribution using OSPF: Configuration of OSPF and redistribution among all the dynamic protocols
11. Configuration of Virtual LAN’s: Virtual Lan’s are enabled in the switches.
12. Configuration of inter Virtual LAN’s: Inter Virtual Lan’s are enabled in the switches.
13. Configuration of NAT on routers: NAT is configured among the routers
14. Access control list: ACL’s are implemented in the topology.
15. Firewall: Firewall security deployed in cisco packet tracer.