• To familiarize about different construction methodologies and equipments to be used in carrying out a construction project.
• To develop ability of students to carry out the construction projects according to drawings and specifications.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To organize and perform the construction surveys of civil engineering projects.
CLO: 2. To demonstrate the assigned task reliably independent of help for Construction Engineering experiments.
CLO: 3. To describe and summarize the site selection parameters, by laws and standards of construction project.
CLO: 4. To discuss and practice advanced techniques and different latest equipment used in construction.
- Evaluation of a constructed building as per bye-laws.
- Evaluation of under-strength and over-strength construction materials (concrete and steel) as per standards.
- Evaluation of site selection and orientation of an existing building.
- Layout of a small building.
- Site visit for excavation equipment.
- Site visit for equipment of superstructure construction.
- Site visit for different phases of construction.
- Introduction to advanced construction technologies (Video Lecture).