• To familiarize about different construction methodologies and equipments to be used in carrying out a construction project.
• To develop ability of students to carry out the construction projects according to drawings and specifications.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to perform and demonstrate various parameters to check the pipe loses and efficiency of turbines and pumps. (P3)
CLO: 2. to revise the basic concepts of pipe loses, pumps and turbines. (P4)
CLO: 3. to assess the losses in pipes and efficiency of turbines/pumps. (C5)
CLO: 4. to clarify and justify his/her procedure to check efficiency and losses. (A4)
- Evaluation of a constructed building as per bye-laws.
- Evaluation of under-strength and over-strength construction materials (concrete and steel) as per standards.
- Evaluation of site selection and orientation of an existing building.
- Layout of a small building.
- Site visit for excavation equipment.
- Site visit for equipment of superstructure construction.
- Site visit for different phases of construction.
- Introduction to advanced construction technologies (Video Lecture).