- Learn and Recognize syntax of different constructs of C++.
- Anticipate output for C++ statements
- Learn C++ constructs to design solution for small scale computational problems
- Apply programming knowledge and design algorithms that solve small-to-moderate scale computational problems
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Learn and Recognize syntax of different constructs of C++.
CLO: 2. Anticipate output for C++ statements
CLO: 3. Learn C++ constructs to design solution for small scale computational problems.
CLO: 4. Apply programming knowledge and design algorithms that solve small-to-moderate scale computational problems
– Introduction to computers, Parts of computer, description and bird eye view of working of different components, with their measuring units (capacity, speed etc). Various interfaces and peripherals. Introduction to software, types of software, purpose, need and working of OS, system software, drivers, and different application software.
– Anatomy of C++ program and how the program is compiled and linked, escape sequences. Data types, signed, unsigned variable, assign and display values. Constant variables and data casting and sizes of data types. Operations, Arithmetic operators, Unary Operators, assignment operators
– Expressions / mixed expressions and casting (Implicit and Explicit casting). Control structures. If, if-else
– Multiple If-else-if, nested if and Logical operators. Switch statement, Ternary operators
– for loop, While loop, do while loop
– nested loops
– Arrays (Single Dimension), Char Arrays
– Sorting , searching and MIN MAX
– Multi-dimension arrays, Examples of Multi-dimension arrays
– Introduction to Functions, scope and life time of variables, local, global and static variables, Function Parameters (Pass by Value and Pass by reference)
– Functions and arrays. Introduction to Strings
– Strings Manipulation and Functions, Introduction to Pointers , pointers referencing
– Pointer arithmetic, Pointer and functions, Constant Pointers & Constant Data, Void Pointers Class Test.
– Introduction to Structures, DOT operator, accessing –structure data member. Making an array of structures
– Passing structures and array of structures to functions by pointers, Examples of Structures