• Have the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to understand the measurement techniques and equipment used in land surveying.
• To enable students to understand theory and practice of land surveying.
• To enable students in reading and preparing surveying maps.
• To develop skills to use modern survey instruments.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to follow and implement field work in a group on the basis of written or verbal instructions.
CLO: 2. to demonstrate the assigned task reliably independent of help.
CLO: 3. to report and prepare the survey field book and manual by conducting field work.
CLO: 4. to discuss and respond actively in group activities during the field work of survey experiments.
- Introduction to instruments and communication techniques used in surveying.
- Determination of distances by chain, pacing and ranging rods in a given scheme.
- Determination of polygon area and building covered area in a given scheme by tape/chain and by triangulation.
- Determination of elevation of various points with automatic level by Collimation Plane Method, Rise & Fall Method and Tachometry.
- Profile leveling of a given scheme and fixing bench mark with respect to temporary or known bench mark by Fly leveling and Check leveling.
- To draw Contour plan of a given scheme using auto level.
- Plane Table surveying.
- Use of theodolite to determine;
- Building’s height using vertical angle method.
- Close and open traversing of a given scheme.