• To enhance English language skills of the students.
• To develop the critical thinking of the students.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To describe basic grammar, reading & listening skills etc. needed for the correct use of English language.
CLO: 2. To discuss and write correct English language.
CLO: 3. To attempt speaking correct English language.
- Parts of Speech
- Common Errors
- Rules and practice on the use of punctuation marks
- Kinds of sentences
- General rules of changing sentences from active to passive voice
- Changing sentences of future, present and past tense into passive voice
- Changing sentences from passive to active voice
- General rules of narration
- Changing sentences from direct to indirect speech when reporting verb is either in present or future tense
- Changing sentences from direct to indirect speech when reporting verb is in past tense
- A list of words to be learnt and used in sentences
- Rules and practice on the use of correct spellings
- Types of tenses
- Various formats used for writing letters in formal capacity
- Block format
- Modified block format
- Simplified format
- Audiovisual material will be used to test and then improve the listening skills of students
- Ways to comprehend complex texts
- At least 10 passages to be used as comprehension exercises
- Students to hold discussions in english language
- Consonant sounds
- learning ways to use these sounds to get accurate pronunciation from dictionary