1. To familiarize students with the basic concepts of natural and human induced hazards.
2. To enable students to learn the techniques for pre and post-disaster management.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO:1 Have basic concepts of natural and human induced hazards.
CLO:2 Learn the techniques for pre and post-disaster management.
- Introduction to Hazards and Disasters (earthquakes, floods, droughts, landslides, cyclones, etc.)
- Social & Economic Aspects of Natural and human induced hazards
- Hazard and Disaster Investigation
- Pre-Disaster Phase (Prevention, Mitigation & Preparedness)
- Disaster Phase (Response, relief and recovery)
- Post-Disaster Phase (Rehabilitation, Development) and damage assessment
- Disaster management policies and institutional infrastructure from national to local level
- Strategies for protection against possible damages
- Maintenance for different infrastructure facilities
- Rehabilitation and repair strategies
- Predictions and preparedness strategies for natural disasters such as Earthquakes etc.
- Emergency management
- Follow-on Disasters
- Recovery plans
- Strategies for protection
- Risk and Vulnerability Analysis
- Disaster Mitigation