1. To familiarize the students with the fundamental properties of concrete.
2. To enable students to design various structural concrete members of a structure manually and using softwares.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO:1 Gain the basic knowledge of plain and reinforced concrete.
CLO:2 Gain the ability to analyze and design various structural concrete members under gravity loading.
CLO:3 Gain the ability to design a simple structure using software.
- Properties of fresh concrete.
- Properties of hard concrete.
- Non-destructive testing.
- Destructive tesing.
- Structural framing (Open ended project).
- Beam and slab reinforcement detailing under gravity loading.
- Column and footing reinforcement detailing under gravity loading.
- Introduction to computer aided analysis and design of framed structure under gravity loading.