The aim of the module is to introduce to the students the topics that include combinational and sequential circuit analysis and design, digital circuit design optimization methods using random logic gates, multiplexers, decoders, registers, counters and programmable logic arrays.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
- CLO:1. Acquire knowledge related to the concepts, tools and techniques for the design of digital electronic circuits
- CLO:2. Demonstrate the skills to design and analyze both combinational and sequential circuits using a variety of techniques
- CLO:3. Apply the acquired knowledge to simulate and implement small-scale digital circuits
- CLO:4. Understand the relationship between abstract logic characterizations and practical electrical implementations.
- CLO:5. Work towards problem solving through logical reasoning both in individual capacity and collectively.
- Introduction to Digital Experiments
- Number Systems
- Basics of Logic Gates
- Major Perspectives in TTL Specifications
- Boolean Laws and DeMorgan’s Theorem
- Combinational Logic Circuits
- D-Latch and D-Flip Flop
- J-K Flip Flop Grading Policy
- Asynchronous Counters
- Introduction to ModelSim & Verilog Programming
- Data-Flow Modeling
- Behavioral Modeling