This lab has been designed to provide an introduction to the ideas and concepts of Physics that would serve as a foundation for subsequent electronic engineering courses. The primary objective is to endow the knowledge of a wide variety of electric and magnetic phenomena along with their scientific applications, specifically, in the field of electronic engineering. The lab starts with a short review of basics of electricity. A majority of the lab experiments are then dedicated for electric and magnetic fields, forces, elements and their applications.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO-2: Follow the instructions to measure key variables of interest such as acceleration due to gravity, spring constant, force and its components, voltage and current in a circuit.(P1)
- Vernier Caliper
- Experiment # 01
- To study and understand the working principal of Vernier caliper.
2. Screw Gauge
- Experiment # 02
- To study and understand the working principal of Screw Gauge.
3. Vector Board
- Experiment # 03
- To understand the different methods of vector addition. Find out the resultant of vectors.
- Experiment # 04
- To resolve the different components of vectors.
4. Simple Pendulum
- Experiment # 05
- To study and investigate the time period of a simple pendulum.
5. Spring-mass System
- Experiment # 06
- To determine the stiffness of a helical spring
- To determine the value of ‘g’ using spring mass system.
6. Sliding Apparatus
- Experiment # 07
- To determine the coefficient of static friction.
7. Electronic Components
- Experiment # 08
- To understand the colour code techniques of resistors.
- To understand different combinational circuits of resistors
8. Analogue and Digital Multimeter
- Experiment # 09
- To understand and learn the practical use of analogue and digital multi-meter.
- To verify Ohm’s Law using different Circuits.
- To study Voltage Divider rule and Current Divider
9. Bread Board and DMM
- Experiment # 10
- Understanding and performing Kirchhoff’s voltage law.
- Understanding and performing Kirchhoff’s current law
- Experiment # 11
- Understand the phenomena of Photoelectric effect and working of photocell.
10. Permanent Magnets and Compass
- Experiment # 12
- To understand the properties of magnetic field.
- To draw the line of force or flux and to understand and utilize electromagnet.
11. Function Generator and Oscilloscope
- Experiment # 13
- To understand the working of Function generator to generate a desired output signal.
- To understand the working of Oscilloscope to Visualize the Desired output Signal Generated by Function Generator