Developing technical documents, writing reports of various types, and contributing to the existing stock of knowledge through writing research articles are the tasks which can be the writing-related assignments of any engineering professional. This course of English-III is designed to ensure that the students are able to learn all the intricacies of the aforementioned technical as well as academic writing, to be used in their professional life. It aims at making the students learn all the basics of writing technical reports and research articles. At the end of the course, the students will be able to
• Know the importance, purpose and characteristics of technical writing
• Have knowledge of the basics of academic writing
• Learn in-text citation methods, footnotes, endnotes, and bibliography
• Differentiate between technical writing and academic writing
• Write a proposal for a research article
• Know the style, content, language, form, clarity, and consistency in technical
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Comprehend technical writing, its characteristics, referencing, difference between technical & academic writing.
CLO: 2. Produce effective technical documents based on reader-based principles and clear writing style.
CLO: 3. Present report writing skills using a standard word processing software along with a referencing tool and other interpersonal skills.