The main objective of Fluid Mechanics Lab is to improve psycho motor skills of the students and to demonstrate them the basic principles of Fluid Mechanics.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO:1 Perform hands on experience to set key parameters of different mechanical devices to investigate the key variables of interest related to fluid mechanics. P2
CLO:2 Analyze the acquired experimental data in order to investigate its relationship theoretically in different scenarios. C4
CLO:3 Actively perform the lab experiments individually as well as in team in order to analyze the open-ended projects on the basis of principles of fluid mechanics. A2
- Experiment # 01:
- Hydrostatic Pressure Measurement
- Experiment # 02:
- To Determine the Discharge Coefficient using Venturi meter
- Experiment # 03:
- Determine Flow Coefficients, Discharge Coefficient, Velocity Coefficient and Contraction Coefficient
- Experiment # 04:
- Flow Rate Measurement Techniques and Determination of Reynolds number
- Experiment # 05:
- Impact of a Jet
- Experiment # 06:
- To Investigate the Pressure Losses in Pipe Bends and Fittings
- Experiment # 07, 8(a, b):
- Flow over bluff Bodies
- Experiment # 09:
- Performance study of centrifugal pumps connected in series and parallel.
- Experiment # 10:
- Performance of Pelton Wheel Turbine.
- Experiment # 11:
- Performance of Francis and Kaplan Turbine.
- Experiment # 12:
- Free and Forced Vortex.
- Experiment # 13:
- CFD analysis in Converging Diverging Nozzle