The main objective of Fluid Mechanics Lab is to improve psycho motor skills of the students and to demonstrate them the basic principles of Fluid Mechanics.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO:1 Measure key variables of interest (such as discharge coefficient, coefficient of velocity and coefficient of contraction etc.) with confidence and proficiency. (P4)
CLO:2 Sketch relevant graphs (such as power and efficiency, rotation speed and efficiency, head and flow rate etc.) with confidence and proficiency. (P4)
CLO:3 Analyze experimental data by computing derived quantities from the measured values. (C4)
CLO:4 Volunteers for answering the questions related to experiments. Answers confidently on direct questioning.(A2)
- Experiment # 01:
- Hydrostatic Pressure Measurement
- Experiment # 02:
- To Determine the Discharge Coefficient using Venturi meter
- Experiment # 03:
- Determine Flow Coefficients, Discharge Coefficient, Velocity Coefficient and Contraction Coefficient
- Experiment # 04:
- Flow Rate Measurement Techniques and Determination of Reynolds number
- Experiment # 05:
- Impact of a Jet
- Experiment # 06:
- To Investigate the Pressure Losses in Pipe Bends and Fittings
- Experiment # 07, 8(a, b):
- Flow over bluff Bodies
- Experiment # 09:
- Performance study of centrifugal pumps connected in series and parallel.
- Experiment # 10:
- Performance of Pelton Wheel Turbine.
- Experiment # 11:
- Performance of Francis and Kaplan Turbine.
- Experiment # 12:
- Free and Forced Vortex.
- Experiment # 13:
- CFD analysis in Converging Diverging Nozzle