The importance of English language cannot be denied. Professional and effective verbal communication skills are essential for success in any field of life. None of us can live with bottled-up feelings; thus, the basic need to communicate arises to express oneself. The same logic applies at every workplace or organization. The need for communication and ability to communicate helps in developing efficient management, organizational skills, laying down plans, establishing a healthy work culture, and resolving impending issues. The students will learn tools and techniques for effectively interpreting communicative behavior. To be successful professional, they will be able to effectively communicate their ideas, plans, and objectives up and down the chain-of-command. The purpose of this course is to develop student’s understanding of the communication process and provide lessons to improve their communication skills.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
CLO 1: Describe grammar rules and effective writing strategies for effective documentation creation.
CLO 2: Discuss language skills for communication proficiencies.
- PARAGRAPH WRITING
- Practice in writing a good, unified and coherent paragraph
- CV AND JOB APPLICATION
- TRANSLATION SKILLS
- Urdu to English
- STUDY SKILLS
- Skimming and scanning, intensive and extensive, and speed reading, summary and précis writing and comprehension
- ACADEMIC WRITING SKILLS
- Letter/memo writing, minutes of meetings, use of library and internet. How to write a proposal for research paper/term paper? (Emphasis on style, content, language, form, clarity, consistency).
- PRESENTATION SKILLS
- Personality development (special emphasis on content, confidence, eye contact, style and pronunciation).
- ESSAY WRITING
- Descriptive, narrative, discursive, argumentative. Technical Report writing: Pharmacy writing and oral communication
- Technical Report writing
- Pharmacy writing and oral communication