1. To provides a comprehensive overview of the key concepts in organic chemistry.
2. To synthesize pharmaceutically important chemical compounds and their purification.
3. To analyze the chemical reaction during drug synthesis through separational techniques.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To explain distillation, reflux and recrystallization techniques to synthesize and purify pharmaceutically important organic compounds
CLO: 2. To perform chemical synthesis of different pharmaceutically important organic. compounds
CLO: 3. To analyze the chemical reaction during drug synthesis through separational techniques
1. Study of reflux reaction and distillation process.
2. Synthesis of picric acid.
3. Synthesis of aspirin.
4. Synthesis of para-nitrophenol.
5. Synthesis of benzoic acid.
6. Synthesis of acetanilide.
7. Synthesis of methyl salicylate.
8. Synthesis of iodoform.
9. Synthesis of sodium citrate.
10. Synthesis of 3-nitrophthalic acid.
11. Synthesis of 2,4-dinitrochloro benzene.
12. Synthesis of benzhydrol.
13. Synthesis of paracetamol.
14. Synthesis of salicylic acid.
15. Purification of benzoic acid by recrystallization and calculation of % age purity.
16. Analysis of chemical reaction of an organic synthesis through TLC.