1. To explain the fundamental analytical methods of drug analysis including the theoretical background and the calculations needed with their applications in pharmaceutical analysis.
2. To learn about the electrochemical techniques.
3. To understand different titrimetric techniques.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Classify the qualitative and quantitative analysis of drugs and drugs products through various thermal, titrimetric and electrochemical methods
CLO: 2. Perform titrimetric analysis of drugs based on neutralization, hydrolysis, oxidation, reduction and non-aqueous titration
CLO: 3. Analyze the spectrum of thermal techniques for structural elucidation
1. Introduction to spectroscopy.
2. Find out λmax of enones by using Woodward’s Fiescher Rule.
3. Woodward’s rule for benzoyl derivatives.
4. Introduction to IR Spectroscopy.
5. Identification of aromatic drugs using IR Spectroscopy.
6. Identification of drugs using IR Spectroscopy.
7. Introduction to the1H NMR Nuclear Magnetic Resonance.
8. Identification of drugs using 1H NMR Spectroscopy.
9. Construct Pascal Triangle for magnetically different protons.
10. Introduction to Mass Spectrometry
11. Mass Spectrum analysis of different organic compounds
12. Mass Spectrometry –Special analysis of different functional groups
13. Assay of Mefenamic acid
14. Assay of Famotidine
15. Assay of Paracetamol