The course pharmaceutical analysis is designed to provide students with the ability to select and use appropriate methods for the analysis of drugs. The course is mainly aimed to explain the fundamental analytical methods of drug analysis including the theoretical background and the calculations needed with their applications in pharmaceutical analysis. They will also learn the analysis of drugs by using latest techniques including theory and instrumentation of Potentiometry, Polarography Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Differential Thermal Analysis, Thermo Gravimetric Analysis, Titrimetric analysis and Occurrences, properties, preparation and application of some in organic compounds.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To understand the Theory, Instrumentation and Pharmaceutical Applications of different electrochemical and titration techniques.
CLO: 2. To describe different thermal analysis techniques and Occurrence, properties, preparation and properties of important inorganic compounds
CLO: 3. To analyze the spectrum of thermal techniques for structural elucidation.
- ELECTRO CHEMICAL METHODS:
- Potentiometry, Polarography and Radiochemical Techniques.
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Differential Thermal Analysis, Thermo Gravimetric Analysis.
- Titrimetric analysis of drugs based on neutralization, hydrolysis, oxidation, reduction and non-aqueous titration.
- Aluminium Hydroxide, Ammonium Chloride, Sodium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Lithium Carbonate, Sodium Nitrite, Calcium Gluconate, Antimony Gluconate, Ferrous Fumarate, Ferrous Sulfate and Silver Nitrate.