1. To explain and perform the synthesis of organic compounds that are medicinally active.
2. To estimate and confirm different functional groups in synthesized compounds, like carboxylic, hydroxy, amino and nitro groups using organic techniques.
3. To characterize synthesized organic compounds by thin layer chromatography, and determination of their molecular weights and melting points.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Explain the synthesis of medicinally active compounds.
CLO: 2. Perform the synthesis of drugs using organic moieties.
CLO: 3. Analyze the assay of different organic and inorganic preparations.
1. Synthesis of methyl salicylate
2. Synthesis of benzoic acid
3. Synthesis of o-chloro-benzoic acid
4. Synthesis of chalcones
5. Synthesis of schiff base
6. Synthesis of mannich base
7. Synthesis of oxalic acid
8. Synthesis of mefenamic acid
9. Synthesis of ammonium chloride solution
10. Synthesis of amino acid esters
11. Determination of percentage purity of sodium bicarbonate
12. Determination of percentage purity of paracetamol
13. Assay of aspirin
14. Assay of clotrimazole
15. Percentage purity of given sample of phthalic acid
16. Percentage purity of sulphacetamide