1. To learn about the basic composition and function of biomolecules.
2. To identify the nature of biomolecules and level of different
3. To detect the abnormalities in the body through biochemical parameters.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To understand the structure, composition and function of biomolecules
CLO: 2. To understand the structure, composition and function of biomolecules
CLO: 3. Interpretation of biochemical test to differentiate between normal and diseased conditions
1. Introduction to lipids.
2. Solubility test for lipids.
3. Emulsification test for saturated fats.
4. Saponification test for cooking oil.
5. Microscopic study of cholesterol crystal.
6. Colour test for cholesterol.
7. Estimation of blood urea nitrogen.
8. Estimation of chloride in the blood.
9. Estimation of serum calcium level.
10. Estimation of serum cholesterol level.
11. Estimation of serum uric acid level.
12. Routine examination of urine for monitoring of health status.
13. Examination of urine for the detection of protein.
14. Examination of urine for the detection of ketone bodies.
15. Analysis of a given sample of urine and preparation of urine test report.