The objective of this lab is to provide practical exposure to the pharmacy students on various physical and chemical quality control tests. The students will learn about different testing procedures and limits applied on pharmaceutical products for their quality determination.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To explain principles, theory and experiments used in pharmaceutical quality evaluation.
CLO: 2. To perform quality control tests and assays on different pharmaceutical dosage forms
CLO: 3. To analyze given data and problems using basic principles of pharmaceutical quality management.
1. Laboratory protocols
2. Good manufacturing practice guidelines
3. Quality control tests for uncoated tablets (weight variation, thickness, and diameter measurement)
4. Disintegration testing of coated tablets (Loprin tablets)
5. Quality control tests for uncoated tablets (Friability and hardness testing)
6. Quality control tests for uncoated tablets (content uniformity, dissolution studies)
7. Quality control tests for hard and soft gelatin capsules (weight variation, diameter, disintegration testing)
8. Quality control tests for hard gelatin capsules (content uniformity, dissolution studies)
9. Quality control tests for soft gelatin capsules (content uniformity, dissolution studies)
10. Quality control test for Syrups (assay, pH, physical inspection, sugar concentration analysis)
11. Quality control test for Elixirs, Tinctures (assay, pH, physical inspection, chemical analysis)