The objective of this lab is to provide practical exposure to the pharmacy students on various biological assays and drug assays involved in quality evaluation of pharmaceutical products. The students will learn about different quality testing procedures and techniques applied on pharmaceutical substances.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To explain principles, theory and experiments related to pharmaceutical quality evaluation.
CLO: 2. To perform assays and bioassays on different pharmaceutical products
CLO: 3. To analyze given data and problems using basic principles of pharmaceutical quality management.
1. Laboratory protocols
2. Good manufacturing practice guidelines
3. Quality control test for determination of alkalinity of glass
4. Determination of alcohol contents in the pharmaceutical preparations
5. Pyrogen & Sterility testing of parenteral
6. Determination of ash contents
7. Determination of moisture contents
8. Determination of viscosity of syrups, gels.
9. Determination of emulsion types (w/o, o/w)
10. Quality control assay of ointments, gels, creams (particle size, viscosity, flow properties, spreadability)
11. Content uniformity assay of ointments, gels