The course pharmaceutical technology provide the students with better understanding of objectives of new drug and dosage form design to achieve a predictable therapeutic response of fabricated formulation which is capable of large scale manufacture with reproducible product quality. It provides sufficient understanding of new controlled drug delivery system, polymer science and different approached to design matrix and reservoir system.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To comprehend general principles, theories, fundamentals and applications of different novel drug delivery systems
CLO: 2. To compare different technologies and techniques in the design of novel drug delivery systems
CLO: 3. To develop new strategies for drug delivery systems that will optimize drug delivery to the body
- PRINCIPLES OF PHARMACEUTICAL FORMULATION AND DOSAGE FORM DESIGN
- Need for dosage form; Preformulation Studies; Product Formulation.
- Spray Drying Granulation Technology; Roller Compaction Technology; Extrusion/Spheronization as a Granulation Technique; Single Pot Processing. Granulation Technology: Rapid Release Granulation Technique, Particle Coating by Centrifugation Granulation Technology.
Sustained/ Controlled Release Drug Delivery System.
- Microencapsulation technique
- Solvent evaporation
- Interfacial polymerization
- Spray drying