In course pharmaceutical technology includes Pharmaceutical Biotechnology which aims to cover all the latest and outstanding developments in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. The course of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology includes the principles of biotechnology, merge into the development of drugs. A majority of therapeutic drugs in the current market are bio formulations, such as antibodies, nucleic acid products and vaccines. It provides best knowledge of protein and DNA engineering, gene therapy, drug delivery and targeting, tissue engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To comprehend general principles, theories and fundamentals in design of various novel drug delivery systems
CLO: 2. To illustrate general principles, theories, fundamentals and applications of pharmaceutical biotechnology.
CLO: 3. To develop new strategies using knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotechnology to optimize drug delivery to the body
- NOVEL GIT DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM
- Oral Osmotic Pumps
- Ion-Exchange Controlled DDS
- pH-Controlled DDS
- Bio/mucoadhesive DDS
- Floating DDS
- Active Drug Delivery System
- Passive Drug Delivery System
- Introduction to Biotechnology: Genetics/Genomics, Proteomics, Bimolecular target Identification, Pharmacogenomics, Gene therapy and Nucleic acid therapeutics.
- Techniques Used in Pharmaceutical biotechnology: PCR, DNA Sequencing, Affinity Protein Purification.
- Fundamentals of Genetic Engineering and its Application in Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Recombinant therapeutic Proteins, Growth factors, Therapeutic antibodies, High-throughput screening of putative therapeutic compounds.
- Biotechnological aspects in the product development.
- Principle, Synthesis and Application of Monoclonal Antibodies.
- Immobilized Enzymes and their application in Medicine.