1. To understand qualitative and quantitative experiments using microscopic analysis
2. To understand recognition reactions, acquisition of such active substances from droplets, tannins, volatile oils and lipids.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To describe microscopic analysis of F.Menthae, F.Anisi, F.Eucalypti, Fl.Chamomillae, R.Valerianae and Gallae crude drugs
CLO: 2. To perform qualitative analysis of coumarin, phenol heterozygous and flavonoids in medicinal plants
CLO: 3. To demonstrate chromatographic techniques
1. Extraction of the active constituents of crude drugs
2. Chemical tests for the identification of the active constituents of crude drugs.
3. Isolation and separation of active constituents of crude drugs by paper chromatography
4. Isolation and separation of active constituents of crude drugs by thin layer chromatography.
5. Determination of Iodine value; Saponification value and unsaponifiable matter; ester value; acid value.Chemical tests for Acacia; Tragacanth; Agar; Starch; Lipids. (Castor oil, sesame oil, shark liver oil, bees wax); Gelatin.