1. This course is designed with emphasis placed on the role of the pharmacist in medication dispensing and patient care.
2. The course will provide students with essential skills in the areas of compounding and extemporaneous preparations to meet specific patient needs.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To comprehend fundamental operations in compounding, extemporaneous dispensing and labelling of different dosage forms
CLO: 2. To perform skillfully laboratory experiments related to compounding and dispensing of pharmaceutical preparations by operating different laboratory equipment and execute relevant calculations and results
CLO: 3. To analyze given data using basic concepts of dispensing and compounding and identify and correct different pharmaceutical incompatibilities
1. Laboratory protocols
2. Preparation of paracetamol suspension
3. Preparation of Aluminum hydroxide suspension.
4. Preparation of Zinc oxide paste
5. Preparation of salicylic acid paste
6. Preparation of kaolin pectin mixture
7. Preparation of methyl salicylate liniment
8. Preparation of iodine and methyl salicylate lininment
9. Preparation of salicylic ointment
10. Preparation of diclofenac sodium ointment
11. Preparation of glycerogelatin suppositories
12. Pharmaceutical conversions
13. Standard prescription writing protocols