Forensic Pharmacy is the foundation of the structure on which the sacred profession of Pharmacy has been built up in our Country. It provides much needed legal support, professional backing and ethical strength for the systematic growth of the profession. Forensic pharmacy is the application of the sciences of drugs to legal issues. Forensic pharmacists engage in work relating to litigation, the regulatory process, and the criminal justice system. Forensic pharmacy overlaps with many other forensic fields
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To describe basics of forensic pharmacy and foundation of drug legislation in Pakistan
CLO: 2. To explain the duties and powers of forensic pharmacist in enforcement of drug laws and ethical obligations of pharmaceuticals in Pakistan
CLO: 3. To apply knowledge of drug laws and relate various cases in Pakistan with respect to offences and penalties
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION:
- Forensic Pharmacy & Forensic Pharmacist, History of Drug Legislation and Pharmacy Profession in Pakistan, National Health Policy, National Drug Policy, Essential Drugs, Prescription handling at Retail level and Recordkeeping, Drug Control Administration at Federal and Provincial level.
- Forensic drug Measurement, Post-mortem redistribution (PMR), Medication errors, prescription forgery, product tampering, Insurance fraud, use of drugs or alcohol in car accidents or violent actions, Legal and illegal pharmaceutical evidence in criminal investigations, use of abused drugs in the workplace, professional malpractice, quackery and health care fraud.
- Patents and Generics, Ethics in Sale, Ethics in Industry, Ethics in Research
- The Drugs Act 1976 and rules framed there under.
- Provincial Drug Rules (Respective Drug Rules will be taught in the relevant province).
- Advertisement rules.
- Other Related rules and Legal aspects.