Pharmacy Management and Business Methods takes foundational management theories and concepts and translates them to the specific challenges faced by today’s pharmacy managers, regardless of the setting. This course will take an integrated didactic and active learning approach to tackle management issues faced by pharmacists such as: personal resource management, personnel management, general operations management, special management skills, implementation of value-added services and management applications in various practice settings.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To define the basics and principles of Management and Marketing in pharmacy.
CLO: 2. To discuss the process of planning, organizing and management of control systems.
CLO: 3. To analyze the process of production and its management system
- MANAGEMENT & MARKETING:
- Nature and Principles of Management
- Types and Functions of Managers
- _Purpose and types of Planning, Steps in Planning
- Management Control Systems. Purpose: Steps in the Control Process, Forms of Operations control. Requirements for adequate control, Critical control points and standards
- Innovation and creativity
- Principals of Marketing
- Product Management
- Marketing Research
- Material Management, Planning of production, Batch record maintenance.