Pharmacy Management and Business Methods takes foundational management theories and concepts and translates them to the specific challenges faced by today’s pharmacy managers, regardless of the setting. This course will take an integrated didactic and active learning approach to tackle management issues faced by pharmacists such as personal resource management, personnel management, general operations management, special management skills, implementation of value-added services and management applications in various practice settings.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To define the general principles of business development & management and role of communication in marketing environment
CLO: 2. To review the ethical perspectives of marketing and importance of different marketing environment and processes
CLO: 3. To develop Strategies for establishing successful business & its marketing and tackling problems in environment
- MARKETING MANAGEMENT:
- Ethical consideration of Pharmaceutical Marketing
- Difference between Pharmaceutical Marketing and Consumer Marketing
- Major stakeholders within pharmaceutical market environment.
- Marketing Research (Process and Methodology)
- Market Analysis Techniques 3Cs (customer analysis, Company analysis, competitor’s analysis)
- Evaluating the marketing performance (audit tools and audit process)
- Designing sales force structure, sales force size and sales quota
- Marketing channels, Promotion and Advertising and Salesmanship.
- Personnel, Buying, Receiving, Pricing, Sales promotion and customer Services.
- General principles, strategies, short- and long-term planning and objectives.
- Importance and benefits of business communication, components of communication, concept and problems of communication, 7C’s of communications.
- Background information on groups, purpose and kinds of meetings, solving problems in meetings, leadership responsibilities in meetings, participant’s responsibilities in meeting.