1. To understand human physiological processes.
2. To understand human body response to varying stimuli and those responses that contribute to the maintenance of homeostasis.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. Discuss principles, theory and methods of testing physiological parameters of blood, respiratory system and cardiovascular system
CLO: 2. Perform independently laboratory testing of physiological parameters of blood, respiratory system and cardiovascular system
CLO: 3. Analyze the given data, plot graphs and interpret results
1. Determination of packed cell volume/hematocrit.
2. Estimation of hemoglobin concentration in the blood.
3. Determination of bleeding time.
4. Determination of clotting time.
5. Study of compound microscope.
6. Study of Neubauer’s chamber.
7. Determination of total leucocyte count (TLC).
8. Enumeration of erythrocytes (red blood cells).
9. Determination of erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR).
10. Determination of differential leukocyte count (DLC).
11. Determination of ABO and RH blood groups.
12. Examination of arterial pulse.
13. Examination of heart sounds.
14. Determination of blood pressure.
15. Recording and study of electrocardiogram from an apparently normal human subject.
16. Study the lung function by wet spirometry.