• To understand fundamentals of fluid mechanics.
• To enhance skills of utilizing fluid mechanics for civil engineering applications.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To attempt and perform the experiments related to Fluid Mechanics.
CLO: 2. To demonstrate the assigned task reliably independent of help for fluid mechanics experiments.
CLO: 3. To solve correctly the required experimental data using hydrostatic pressure and related theories.
CLO: 4. To discuss and respond during lab work of fluid mechanics.
- To determine the viscosity of given fluid sample by using falling sphere viscometer.
- To calibrate Bourden Gauge by means of Dead Weight Pressure Calibration method
- To visualize the laminar and turbulent flow by using Reynold Apparatus.
- To determine the Magnitude of Hydrostatic Force on Submerged Surface and Locate the Center of Pressure.
- To determine the Metacentric Height of a Ship Model experimentally and compare the values with theoretical results.
- To determine the Coefficient of Discharge for Rectangular and Triangular Notch.
- To determine the pressure head, elevation head and velocity head by using Bernoulli’s Theorem
- To verify Bernoulli’s Theorem by using Bernoulli Apparatus
- To determine the Coefficient of Discharge using Venturi-meter
- To determine the Coefficient of Discharge using Orifice plate
- To determine the Co-efficient of Velocity of small orifice by Jet Trajectory.