• To acquaint with state-of-the-art Geo-informatics and its diverse applications in engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to perform tasks related to the advanced software packages including ArcGIS.
CLO: 2. to demonstrate and develop a digitized map of a city using basic knowledge of GIS.
CLO: 3. to compare different coordinate systems and referencing using GIS and remote sensing, respectively.
CLO: 4. to argue and modify on already developed digitized maps.
- Introduction to Arc GIS interface and its related terminologies / tools.
- To locate the features on the ground / measure lengths and area of the object using Google Earth /Arc GIS.
- To execute the basic commands of point, polyline and polygon layer in Green Valley map.
- To reference, digitize and edit the feature in map / raster image using Arc GIS.
- To find the coordinates of a point on ground using GPS instrument.
- To generate a point showing the coverage of Met. Station in map.
- To model and analyze spatial dataset using tiff file/ satellite image.
- To convert coordinate system of a map using GIS software.
- To convert projection system of a map using GIS software.
- To apply image processing techniques using remote sensing software