• To familiarize students with various methods of analysis of indeterminate structures.
• To develop the skills for using the state-of-the-art methods of structural analysis.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to explain and apply the different methods of structural analysis for statically indeterminate structures.
CLO: 2. to analyze the indeterminate frames manually using different methods of structural analysis.
CLO: 3. to measure the indeterminate frames in software using Finite Element Methods.
CLO: 4. to defend the analysis of assigned indeterminate structures.
- Analysis of Indeterminate Structures Using Force Approach
- Compatibility methods for beams and frames with and without support settlement
- Analysis of indeterminate trusses
- Moment distribution for beams and frames for prismatic and non-prismatic members with and without side-sway and support settlement
- Slope deflection method for beams and frames with and without support settlement
- Introduction to flexibility method
- Determination of flexibility matrix for beams
- Introduction to stiffness method
- Development of member and structure stiffness matrices
- Bending moment and shear force diagrams
- Application of computer programs
- Introduction to finite elements
- Stiffness matrices for bar elements
- Triangular elements and Rectangular elements
- Shape function
- Displacement functions
- Transformation matrices
- Structure stiffness matrix
- Analysis of indeterminate structures using software