PROFESSOR / VICE CHANCELLOR
It is a great honor for me to welcome you to the Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST). The University was established with a vision to produce competent professionals, who could be instrumental in the development of a prosperous society. The University took this challenging task and devised its strategy to acquire the status of being classified as a provider for career oriented individuals, who can create a positive impact on the society. The University remained focused on its goal, and in a short span of time earned a respectable name in the field of higher education. Today, we have over 4000 alumni working in the country and abroad, and we are proud of the progress they have made, and the way they have contributed towards the betterment of humanity.
In an academic system, some of the vital organs that determine its quality include curriculum, faculty and teaching environment. Any compromise on these will be at the expense of the academic quality. At CUST, the curriculums followed by various Faculties for their degree programs have been carefully designed to cater the needs of local industry, without compromising global trends. Thus, the University is a vibrant center of quality, dedicated to providing valuable education in various fields, in accordance to the specific developing needs of our country.
Though we have got excellent infrastructure and other support facilities to execute our academic programs, but our main pride is our quality faculty. CUST faculty is highly professional, mission oriented and motivated. The value addition they are creating in CUST graduates is something we are really proud of.
Apart from project and case study based learning, we, at CUST, make a conscious effort to expose our students into a multi-fascist environment to groom their personality and interpersonal skills. Our success so far has been the result of superb team effort by active scholars and teachers, caring and committed staff, and hardworking and exceptionally motivated students.
It is pertinent to mention here that CUST offers a good number of graduate programs, primarily in the evening to accommodate the working professionals. These programs are offered in the field of engineering, computing and management sciences. R&D is a prime thrust of our graduate programs, especially in PhD studies. In this connection the University strives to maintain a good liaison with industry and other R&D organizations. Publications made by our graduate students in the journals of international repute are a source of satisfaction for us.
The University believes in constant improvement; therefore in this connection, each degree program is assessed periodically against its pre-defined outcomes. This gives the University a chance to know the quality of its graduates apropos the requirements of the industry or employers. Based on stake holder’s feedback, appropriate remedial actions are taken, where necessary, to stay abreast with technological and industrial needs.
In this fast changing world, irreversible changes have occurred, and our University stands ready to meet the challenges of improving economic and social well-being. The University is uniquely positioned to be innovative and capitalize on new ideas, approaches and technologies. We at CUST intend to provide our students with the key for unlocking the door to a prosperous and fulfilling future.
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed
PhD (UK), CEng (UK), FIEE(UK),
SMIEEE (USA), Eur. Ing (Brussels)
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Mansoor Ahmed received the PhD degree in Microelectronics from the University of Cambridge, U.K. He has been associated with academia at various levels for the last 22 years, and currently he is a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Capital University of Science and Technology, Islamabad, where he is also holding the post of Vice Chancellor of the University. Dr. Ahmed is a chartered engineer from UK and also a fellow of Institution of Engineer and Technology, UK. He was awarded the title of European Engineer (Eur. Ing.) in 2002 by European Federation. He is a senior member of the Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, USA. He enjoys lifetime membership of IEEE Electron Devices and IEEE Microwave Theory and Technique societies, USA. Dr. Ahmed authored more than 120 research papers in the field of microelectronics, antenna design and RF Engineering. Based on his research contributions he was awarded Gold Medal in the field of Engineering and Technology by the Pakistan Academy of Sciences in 2008. He holds IEEE technical activities chair and has rendered services as an organizer, session and general chairs of several IEEE International Conferences.
|Chartered Engineer||Electrical||Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK||1999|
|PhD||Microelectronics||University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK||1995|
|MPhil||Microelectronics||University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan||1990|
|MSc||Microelectronics||Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan||1986|
Professor Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST), Islamabad Since – 2015 Professor Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad 2004 – 2015 Associate Professor GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Topi, KP 1999 – 2004 Assistant Professor GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Topi, KP 1996 – 1999
Vice Chancellor Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST), Islamabad Since – 2015 Chair Board of Advanced Studies and Research, CUST, Islamabad Since – 2015 Chair Executive Committee, Capital University of Scenic and Technology, Islamabad Since – 2015 Chair Academic Council, Capital University of Scenic and Technology, Islamabad Since – 2015 Exc. Vice President Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi, Pakistan 2007 – 2015 Chair Executive Committee, MAJU, Islamabad 2007 – 2015 Chair Board of Advanced Studies and Research, MAJU, Islamabad 2007 – 2015 Chair IEEE Islamabad Section. 2010 – 2014 Dean Faculty of Engineering & Applied Sciences, MAJU, Islamabad 2005 – 2006 Dean Faculty of Electronic Engineering, GIK Institute, Topi, Pakistan 2000 – 2004 Member Governing Council, GIK Institute, Topi, KP, Pakistan 2000 – 2004
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
|Fellow||Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), UK, Reg. No. 35368334|
|Senior Member||Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), USA, Reg. No. 40215432|
|Prof. Member||Association of Computing Machinery (ACM), USA, Reg. No. 0049597|
|Life Member||IEEE Electron Device Society, USA|
|Professional Engr.||Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Islamabad, Reg. No. Elect / 15846|
|Member||European Federation of National Engg. Association, Brussels, Reg. No. 27016|
|Member||Engineering Council, UK, Reg. No. 518380|
|Life Member||IEEE Microwave Theory and Technique Society, USA|
|Member||IEEE Communication Society, USA|
HONORS & AWARDS
|1.||Gold Medal for outstanding contribution in the field of Engineering and Technology by PAS, Islamabad|
|2.||Talent Scholarship Award, Ministry of Education, Islamabad.|
|3.||European Engineer (Eur. Ing) European Federation, Brussels.|
|4.||Chartered Engineer (CEng), UK Engineering Council, UK.|
|5.||Overseas Research Scholarship Award, UK.|
RESEARCH AREAS / INTERESTS
- Microelectronics; Simulation and Modelling; Antenna Design; Microwave Circuits & Systems.
1. PhD Analytical and Optimization Based Modeling Techniques to Assess the Performance of Submicron SiC MESFETs 2. PhD Temperature-Dependent Electrical Characterization of Novel Organic Semiconductor Based Diodes for Sensor Technology. 3. PhD FPGA Compliant Asynchronous Micropipeline Processor. 4. PhD Modelling Techniques of Submicron GaAs MESFETs and HEMTs. 5. PhD FPGA Based Efficient Face Recognition Systems. 6. MS Designing and Characterization of Active Patch Antenna for Satellite Communication. 7. MS Designing of a Low Noise Dual Band Microwave Amplifier. 8. MS Estimation of Intrinsic Small Signal Parameters Using DC Characteristics. 9. MS Design and Analysis of Cross Cage Dipole Antenna. 10. MS Interference Rejection Capability of Cross Dipole Antenna Array System. 11. MS Designing of a Patch Antenna for Mobile Communication Systems. 12. MS Antenna Design of a MIMO System for Capacity Enhancement Using Polarization Diversity. 13. MS Dual and Wideband Power Dividers for Microwave Applications. 14. MS To Assess GaAs MESFETs / HEMTs Characteristics Using Swam Optimization. 15. MS Design, Simulation and Fabrication of Microstrip Patch Antenna for DCS and WLAN Applications. 16. MS Design and simulation of a GaAs MESFETs Based Ku-Band Low Noise Amplifier. 17. MS Design and Simulation of an Efficient High Power Microwave Antenna. 18. MS Antenna Array Optimization for Side Lobe Suppression, Null control and Half Power Beam width.
- M. Riaz, M. M. Ahmed, U. Rafique, and U. F. Ahmed, “Assessment of Intrinsic Small Signal Parameters of Submicron SiC MESFETs”, Solid State Electronics, Vol: 139, Pages: 80-87, 2017
- N. Fatima, M. M. Ahmed, and Kh. S. Karimov, “Effects of Humidity and Temperature on Orange Dye-Based Organic Field Effect Transistors Fabricated at Different Gravity”, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol: 46, 2017
- M. M. Ahmed, M. Riaz and U. F. Ahmed, “An Improved Model for the I−V Characteristics of Submicron SiC MESFETs by Evaluating the Potential Distribution Inside the Channel”, J. Computational Electronics, Vol: 16, No: 3, Pages: 514-525, 2017
- S. S. Saleem, M. M. Ahmed, U. Rafique, and U. F. Ahmed, “Optimization of Linear Antenna Array for Low SLL and High Directivity”, 19th International Multi-Topic Conference (INMIC), Pages: 1-6, 2016
- Asif M. Khan, M. M. Ahmed, M. Rafiq, and U. Rafique, “Design of an Efficient High Power Microwave Antenna”, 19th International Multi-Topic Conference (INMIC), Pages: 1-6, 2016
- Asif M. Khan, M. M. Ahmed, M. Rafiq, and U. Rafique, “Breakdown in a High Power Microwave Antenna”, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), Pages: 1-5 , 2016